I personally contacted Dr. Lindsey Duncan almost a year ago, if not longer when I found out Karlee had Limes Disease. I am so sorry if this information never got to her. You can watch several of Dr. Lindsey’s video’s on my site: http://ShowShareConnect.com
Please know that you can juice all you want, but from my research I have learned that mineral deficient soils create mineral deficient plants, that create mineral deficient plants, that create mineral deficient people, that have mineral deficient diseases. I have also learned that all sickness and disease can be linked to deficiencies of nutrients and micro nutrients in the human body. That is where I can help. SERIOUSLY!!!
As you may or may not know, I have recovered from my addiction almost 10 years ago. When I met Dr. Lindsey Duncan 4 years ago it was a blessing and answer to many prayers to be a part of Genesis PURE from the beginning, he has healed my father through his formulations, and my mission is to do the same with others around the world.
I recently attended a conference for my company in Dallas with Dr. Lindsey Duncan and this is the scripture that he put up on the monitors on stage.
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground–everything that has the breath of life in it–I give you every green plant for food.” And it was so.
That is what my mission and our company stand for. I take a stand for everybody to live a healthy, whole and complete life where we can use our God given gifts & talents to further others in areas they need assistance. I also know that my own self pride kept me from having my best life, and I never want others to have to endure…I WANT THEM TO LIVE with PASSION, ZEST & ZEAL.
If I can be of any assistance to anybody with any health issue, you will find many of Dr. Lindsey’s protocols on my site listed above, or you can call or email me: Chris Oppenheimer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-470-3277
HERE IS THE EXTENSIVE PROTOCOL THAT DR. LINDSEY DUNCAN PUT TOGETHER FOR KARLEE OR ANYBODY. (he has cured 3 people of this in the last year) Please note: All naysayers, this protocol includes much more than what Genesis PURE has, so my intentions have been and always will be for peoples health first.
LIMES DISEASE: FROM DR. LINDSEY DUNCAN to Chris, for Karlee
Yes, unfortunately, all the doctors can do is to fight the infections with antibiotics, which in turn, can worsen the co-infections of Lyme’s disease. Please pass this information along to your family friend Karlee.
Since Lyme’s disease is a tick-transmitted infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi, the key to addressing Lyme disease is to do phases of detoxification that address this bacterium and other underlying infections. Antibiotic therapy may help to address the initial Borellia infection that may have been introduced by a tick; however, they cannot touch the antibiotic-resistant co-infections that occur as part of the whole Lyme’s condition. Subsequently, natural methods may work better at addressing the underlying infections than pharmaceuticals. This is because antibiotics are only isolated synthetic derived from the full spectrum of powerful healing compounds found in botanicals.
Early symptoms include a bull’s eye rash, which may be followed weeks to months later by neurologic, cardiac, and/or joint abnormalities. The usual medical treatment is with antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ceftriaxone. However, the Borrelia spirochete is only one of the infections that must be addressed, since there are many “co-infections” that are usually also present in Lyme’s disease. In fact, it is often some of the co-infections that may be responsible for the long-term effects of the condition.
Most cases of Lyme disease can be cured with antibiotics, especially if treatment is begun early in the course of illness. However, a small percentage of patients with Lyme disease have symptoms that last months to years after treatment with antibiotics. These symptoms can include muscle and joint pains, arthritis, cognitive defects, sleep disturbance, or fatigue. The cause of these symptoms is not known, but it has been proposed that the Borrelia spirochete passes the blood-brain barrier and/or goes within the cells of the body, where antibiotics cannot reach or are less effective. There is some evidence that these lingering (or worsening) symptoms may result from an autoimmune response, most likely from “co-infections.”
According to Dr. Ann F Cordon (member of International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society), “Co-Infections are the rule, not the exception.” Some of the Co-infections that exist with the Lyme spirochete bacterium include:
- Ehrlichiosis: high fevers, headaches, muscle pains, flu-like symptoms. Labs can show low WBC, platelets and increased liver enzymes
- Mycoplasma sp.: fatigue, abdominal/digestive, sinus, joint (Candida symptoms)
- Viruses: abdominal pain, mouth sores
- Bartonella henselae: abdominal pain, headache, visual problems, significant lymph node enlargement (e.g. mesenteric adenitis), rashes, unusual “stretch marks”, resistant neurological deficits, new onset seizure disorder, acute encephalitis
- Babesia microti (and other species): malarial like illness inside red blood cells with intermittent fevers, chills, day and night sweats, abdominal pain, profound fatigue
Co-Infected patients are usually sicker, more likely to have failed prior treatment, and may require longer treatment with multiple agents (antibacterials, anti-fungals, and anti-virals). Co-Infections must be eradicated or Borrelia infection will persist.
Natural methods might be best since antibiotics can exacerbate some of these co-infections in the body!
Keep in mind that laboratory testing can be very difficult as many patients are serologically negative for antibodies to Borrelia despite active infection, routine labs are usually unremarkable, and even the majority of spinal taps reveal normal spinal fluid. A full evaluation at labs that specialize in TBD (tickborne disease) can be very helpful although negative results do not mean absence of disease. The best way to know treatments are working when symptoms have abated and the patient is:
- completely symptom free for 2 to 3 months
- has no more cyclical Herxheimer reactions (bacteria and fungal “die-off” reactions from cleansing/killing pathogens)
- has no recurrence of Lyme symptoms with concomitant infections, illnesses or stresses, e.g. trauma
- psychological stresses
According to Ginger R. Savely, RN, FNP-C, a primary care provider who specializes in treatment of Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses at Union Square Medical Associates, in San Francisco, The CDC specifically states that the diagnosis of Lyme disease is not dependent on laboratory results, but rather on the clinical opinion of the health care provider.In spite of this, there are still many practitioners who believe that negative lab results on Lyme testing reliably “rule out” the disease. Since current testing methods are low in specificity and even lower in sensitivity, it falls upon the provider to thoroughly review the patient’s tick exposure history and clinical symptoms, and to be well acquainted with the signs and symptoms of Lyme disease in both its acute and chronic forms.
Have your niece use the following symptom checklist (attached or found at: www.mts.net/~lymemb/symptoms.html) to determine how many of her symptoms match those of Lyme Disease. She can also present this checklist to her doctor, and use it as a tool for her progress over time.
This suggested program was designed to help support the immune system by providing the necessary nutrients to keep her body strong along with hitting the body hard with powerful antibacterials and antifungals to fight the bacteria and co-infections that are likely responsible for her symptoms. If she finds that after the first full month on these anti-bacterials that her symptoms are decreasing, she will know that the program is working. Know that it may take several rounds and a lifestyle of clean eating and supplementation to get her well!
This is her recommended nutritional program
Note: As with any supplements, take these one hour before or after any prescription medications.
Genesis Pure GoYin – “Go∙Yin on the go” is the perfect combination of superfruits in a formula containing carefully selected herbs and fruits. The balancing blend of warming and cooling ingredients promote health, energy, and antioxidant power. GoYin contains a proprietary blend of Vitamin B6 and B12, Euphoria Longan, Lychee fruit, ginger root, Sea buckthorn berry, Mangosteen, Durian, Astragalus, Coriolus versilcolor, Schisandra berry, Rhodiola rosea, Hawthorne berry, jujube date, goji, tangerine peel, gac fruit, and cili fruit. Take as directed.
Genesis Pure Noni – Has a high mineral content and acts as a detoxifier and a pH balancer that may help to control infections and boost immunity. It has over 140 powerful vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that give the body a natural energized feeling, and take her immune system to another level. It is considered to be an antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-tumor, and have pain killing properties. It is also a powerful digestive bitter, which aids in proper digestion. It is used to alleviate pain, balance serotonin levels in the brain (improving mood and sleep), and balances blood sugar levels. Take 2oz twice a day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or 10-15 minutes before meals.
Genesis Pure Mangosteen – enhances and supports the human immune system and supports cardiovascular health by acting as a free radical scavenger. It also fights inflammation by inhibiting prostaglandin and histamine levels; it prevents premature cellular aging and supports youthful cellular regeneration; it also possesses antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antihistamine properties, and provides nutritional support to help combat infections, inflammation, fever, and fatigue. Take 2 oz twice a day, 10-15 minutes before meals.
Genesis Pure Silver – This is beneficial in fighting many types of fungus, bacteria, viruses, yeast, amoebas and more. Use 2 droppers-full daily for 2-3 months, then only use 2-4 droppers-full when you are fighting off a cold or infection as needed. It can also be used in a neti pot to clear sinuses, as an eyewash, and topically for acne, cuts, and wounds.
Genesis Pure Liquid Cleanse – One of the goals of her Health Program is to detoxify and open all 7 Channels of Elimination: intestines, lungs, skin, kidneys, liver, blood, and lymphatic system. This formula contains cilantro, a powerful chelator, and other herbs that will help cleanse the entire body to purify all major organs, and facilitate bowel movementswhich will allow the avenues of toxic release to flow regularly, preventing toxic build up. This product is in an easy to take liquid form. You will take it twice a day (in the morning or afternoon and again before bedtime). Start with 1 full dropper for the first 2 days, then increase to 1 ½ droppers for the next 2 days, and work up to 2 full droppers twice daily. At any time as you are working up her dose that you begin having 2-3 bowel movements per day, STAY AT THAT DOSE. If you begin having 3 or more, or very loose stools, decrease the amount of liquid and remain on the dose where you can maintain 2-3 BMs/day. This cleanse works great with the GENESIS Today’s 4Fiber. The length of the cleanse should be at least one month to detoxify the body. It is best to go lightly for a longer duration. Use it for at least 2 weeks twice a year for maintenance.
Genesis Pure Nutrition – An all around easy to digest, absorb and assimilate liquid daily vitamin and mineral drink complete with an amino acid blend, sea vegetable blend, and anti-oxidant blend. Proper nutrients, minerals and vitamins are essential to build and strengthen all of our body’s internal organs, cells, and tissues. Take 1 oz with breakfast (try adding it to her drinking water) and another ounce with lunch or dinner.
Jarro-Dophilus™ EPS - These organisms encourage the colonization of “friendly” bacteria in the intestines and are necessary to control the yeast and bad bacteria in the gut, as well as aid in the absorption of nutrients. This kind survives stomach acid and can colonize the intestines. These bacteria also guard the intestinal tract from putrefactive microorganisms. At time of manufacture, each capsule contains approximately 4.4 billion probiotic organisms. This is a shelf-stable probiotic due to its enteric coating, making it stable at room temperature. Eight (8) different strains of probiotic bacteria are delivered directly into small intestines where probiotic bacteria fully exert their beneficial effects. Blister packaging each capsule provides extra protection to the bacteria against moisture and oxygen. Take 1-2 capsules daily on an empty stomach for a maintenance dose, but start with 2 capsules twice a day for a month or two. You can find this at her health food store (Whole Foods Market).
Genesis Pure Cell Water – Cell water has a particular characteristic which allows it to pass freely through cell walls delivering oxygen, nutrients, protein chains, and enzymes, while removing the toxic buildup that accumulates in your cells, enabling your body to hydrate more efficiently. Add 10-20 drops (~1 mL) of Cell Water to 6-8 oz of water. Drink and repeat 3 times a day.
Start with a bottle of these first two products below. When finished with these, use a bottle of each of the next two. If symptoms still persist, repeat this cycle of products.
Raintree Nutrition’s MYCO – To address the antibiotic-resistant bacteria! Herbs from the rainforest specific for combating bacterial and fungal infections. All of the plants in this formula have demonstrated antimicrobial (antimycoplasmal, antibacterial, & antimycobacterial) effects in laboratory studies. Supplementing the diet with probiotics and digestive enzymes is advisable when this formula is used for longer than 30 days. Note: Several plants in this formula have been documented to reduce blood pressure in animal studies. Individuals with low blood pressure should be monitored for this possible effect. This product contains a proprietary blend of mullaca, Brazilian peppertree, anamu, clavillia, macela, fedegoso, picão preto, and uva ursi. Work up to taking 3 capsules twice daily. Find at: http://www.rain-tree.com/myco-capsules.htm or call: 800-780-5902 (8am-5pm, PST).
Raintree Nutrition Amazon A-F – A synergistic formula of 8 rainforest botanicals traditionally used in South America for mold, fungi, and candida. Ingredients: A proprietary blend of jatoba, Brazilian peppertree, anamu, bellaco capsi, matico, piri-piri, pau d’arco, ubos, fedegoso, tamamuri, guaco, and graviola. Suggested Use: Take 2-3 capsules twice daily on an empty stomach. Contraindications: Not to be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. Drug Interactions: None reported. Find at: http://www.rain-tree.com/amazon-antifungal-support.htm or call: (800) 780-5902 (8 am to 5 pm PST). When you call to order this Raintree product, please tell the rep that you have been recommended by Tammy Thomas, the nutritionist from Genesis Today, and you need this supplement only.
Note: Please work up to the recommended doses of the Myco and Amazon A-F. When taken together, the two can have very powerful detoxification results and may lead to a heavy “Herxheimer” or die-off reaction if the liver and kidneys cannot keep up with eliminating the toxins pulled from the tissues and the die-off material from yeast and bacteria. Please progress slowly on these supplements. If you experience any unbearable nausea, intense fatigue, flu-like symptoms, or headache, please do not take any more supplements that day. Take lower doses of the cleansing supplements in the following days.
Raintree Nutrition Sangre de Grado or “Dragon’s Blood” (Croton lechleri)- Known as Sangre de Grado, Spanish for “Blood of the Dragon,” because of its thick red sap, Croton lechleri grows throughout the Amazon. Its sap has been used for centuries by indigenous peoples of the Amazon as a herbal medicine to treat wounds, ease pain and relieve gastrointestinal distress. Properties/Actions Documented by Research: anesthetic, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidysenteric, antifungal, antihemorrhagic (reduces bleeding), antileukemic, antioxidant, antiseptic, antitumorous, antiviral, neurasthenic (reduces nerve pain), wound healer. Several health practitioners in the U.S. use this resin internally for diabetic neuropathy because of its previously documented effects on nerve endings, nerve pain and nerve inflammation. “Not only does Sangre de Grado prevent pain sensation, it also blocks the tissue response to a chemical released by nerves that promotes inflammation,” said one researcher. Cautions: The red resin stains clothes/fabric permanently. For internal use, the traditional remedy is 10-15 drops in a small amount of liquid, taken 1-3 times daily (be prepared, however; it tastes quite dreadful). Find at: www.rain-tree.com or call: (800) 780-5902 (8 am to 5 pm PST).
Raintree Nutrition Amazon A-V (capsules) – A combination of rain forest plants with powerful antiviral properties. The 9 plants in this formula have been independently documented around the world with active pharmacological actions. Several ingredients in this formula have demonstrated significant in vitro antimicrobial properties. Supplementing the diet with probiotics and digestive enzymes is advisable if this product is used for longer than 15 days. Consists of a proprietary blend of bitter melon, clavillia, mullaca, jergon sacha, carqueja,amargo, chanca piedra, mutamba, and anamu. Take 3 capsules three times daily. Not to be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. There have been no reported drug interactions. Find on-line at: www.rain-tree.com or call: (800) 780-5902 (8 am to 5 pm PST).
Take as needed for joint pain and inflammation:
Fish Oil (A high quality fish oil, such as Carlson’s Finest Fish Oil with Lemon (or the soft gels) or Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil) – A good fish oil is a great source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. Aim for getting a minimum amount of 1,000mg of EPA + DHA per day (when adding the amounts of DHA with EPA). Ideally, you will want to take enough to equal 3,000mg of EPA + DHA per day (1 tsp 3 times a day). These fatty acids decrease generalized and localized inflammation, platelet aggregation (clotting), and enhance cardiovascular and brain health. It can work great with the Mangosteen to reduce systemic inflammation.
Vibrant Health Maximum Curcumnoids 1000mg (Curcumin) - (a.k.a. demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin – are the major forms of curcuminoids found in the turmeric powder) - found in the scientific literature to exhibit anticancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities. The role of curcumin is well documented in cancer, inflammation, diabetes and various other diseases. Curcumin possesses immunosuppressive action on T cells, B cells, and macrophages, which would inhibit cell proliferation, antibody production and lymphokine secretion in cancer and autoimmune diseases and arthritis. It also has been shown to exhibit cancer cell growth inhibitory activity against prostate, colon, breast cancer and chemo-resistant ovarian cancer in the research.
Nature’s Way Ginger Root (capsules) – Has been shown repeatedly in the scientific research to inhibit the pro-inflammatory cytokines involved in Alzheimer’s disease and inflammatory and autoimmune disorders. In studies ginger extract inhibits the induction of genes involved in the inflammatory cascade (which includes TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, MCP-1, MIP-1alpha, IP-10, and COX2), a mechanism of action that is very different from that of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and without the side effects of drug therapy. Pregnant women should be careful not to overdo it when taking ginger supplements since it has been said to stimulate uterine contractions. People taking blood thinners, barbiturates, beta-blockers, insulin or diabetes medications should consult a physician before supplementing with ginger on a regular basis, since it may increase the effects of these medications. Ginger may interfere with the absorption of dietary iron and fat-soluble vitamins, and cause stomach upset in higher doses. Also, because ginger helps thin the blood, it should not be taken two weeks prior to surgery.
- Sugar feeds infection in the body! Try to eliminate all sources of sugar, white flours and starches from your diet. Also make sure you aren’t drinking sugar as well – no soft drinks, fruit juices, alcoholic beverages, no Starbuck’s coffees, or sweetened beverages.
- Your immune system is challenged with a huge infection burden. Make sure that the produce you eat is thoroughly washed, and that you choose organic foods and hormone-free meats whenever possible. You have increased risk for parasitic and other infections.
- Prioritize protein and green leafy vegetables in your diet. Aim for at least 70 grams of protein a day. One ounce of animal protein is about 7grams, so a 6oz chicken breast counts as 42 grams of protein. The protein in your diet will help to preserve your lean body mass, fight infections, enhance your immune system, and prevent the overconsumption of carbohydrates (sugars and starches) that feed infection. Try to prioritize protein and vegetables for every meal and snack. All protein meals must be balanced with dark green, leafy, and colorful vegetables.
- Eat a whole foods diet (NO processed, packaged, or junk foods)! Whole foods do not contain added sodium and provide more nutrients. Organically grown foods are void of the chemicals, genetic modifications, pesticides, herbicides, and antibiotics that can all disrupt a healthy immune system.
- For 3 months, I recommend you try doing a Candida-free diet: it is a diet that omits all starch, sugar, fruit, fruit juice, alcohol, dairy, cheese and mushrooms. All these things feed the overgrowth of bacteria, mycoplasma and yeast, which burden the immune and stress systems of the body. All meals and snacks should contain one or all of the following: protein (rotated hormone-free meats, poultry, fish and eggs), healthy fats (avocados, organic nuts and seeds, olives, coconut oil (to cook with), olive oil (warm or cold), flaxseed oil (cold), fish oil (cold, supplement), walnut oil (cold), guacamole, organic nut butter), and fresh vegetables (salads, cooked, blanched (quick-boiled), sautéed, steamed, raw. The exception is that you can include an organic, high fiber breakfast cereal or oats in the mornings only.
After the Candida diet, follow the diet suggestions below:
- Only buy and consume carbohydrates/starches that have 3 grams of fiber or more per serving, including organic high fiber cereals and oats, Country wild brown rice, millet grain, quinoa grain, buckwheat kasha, and organic beans, black-eyed peas, and lentils.
- Increase vegetable intake! Vegetables alkalize the body and neutralize the acid-forming foods we eat (foods other than veggies), which helps to reduce joint pain.
- Eliminate dairy, especially cow’s milk, which can cause inflammation of the gut lining and interfere with the absorption of nutrients. Instead,rotate boxes of rice (Enriched Rice dream), hemp (Living Harvest), and unsweetened almond (Almond Breeze) milks. They are usually kept in cardboard boxes on the shelf next to organic cereals. Keep taking probiotics.
- For snacks try 2 Tbsp of nuts or seeds, olives, organic lunch meat (turkey, chicken, ham – try wrapping it in lettuce), 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, an ORGANIC sausage patty or 2 links, 1-2 slices turkey bacon (organic), shrimp cocktail, and veggies: cold broccoli or kale salads, cabbage slaw, or raw veggies. Try raw plum tomatoes, snap peas, or sticks of carrots, celery, and zucchini dipped in hummus or organic nut butters.
- To relieve stress and to increase flexibility and range of motion, try going to classes or purchase videos to do at home: Qigong (pronounced “chi –gong”), Tai Chi, and yoga. You can try various forms of yoga, Vinyasa, Bikram, Kundalini, etc., to see which type you prefer. Check out your local yoga studios.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to help instantly calm yourself: 1) exhale out all of your air – keep pushing until it is all out, 2) inhale deeply through your nose, filling up the belly (let the belly drop out), 3) hold your breath for a count of six, and 4) exhale, blowing out all your air. Repeat 4 times
- Avoid antacids. They often do more harm than good by neutralizing the stomach HCl. Suppressing HCl in the stomach also causes poor digestion of foods, improper sterilization of foods, lack of protection from parasites and bacteria piggybacking on foods, inadequate secretion of factors for vitamin absorption, inhibited release of digestive enzymes, and causes an unfavorable environment in the intestinal tract that promotes the overgrowth of bad bacteria, yeast, molds, and parasites. In fact, as we age, we need to increase our HCL!
- Do not go on antibiotics unless absolutely necessary! These kill the bacteria (bad and GOOD) in the intestines and allow the overgrowth of Candida and bad bacteria to grow out of control when you go off these meds.
- Use a Neti pot for sinusitis and sinus infections. Buy at the health food store or purchase SinuCleanse at your local pharmacy or buy on-line: www.sinucleanse.com. Fill the pot with warmed purified water and add ¼ teaspoon of non-iodized, fine sea salt (or use ½ of SinuCleanse packet for each nostril). For infection, add 2-3 drops of Colloidal Silver and Noni100 juice. Stand over a sink, insert the spout into one nostril and tilt your head, pouring the water into the nostril. Water will fill and spill over the membrane and pour out of the other nostril. Use until half the pot is gone and switch nostrils and finish the pot. Blow the nose. Do this weekly.
- For body aches, joint pains, and soreness, soak in a tub with Epsom’s salts (or better yet, get the unique sea salts from organic markets)! Sea salt mineral baths are a great way of replacing minerals lost through exercise. You can also soak in a bath tub with 1-2 c apple cider vinegar – another great way to detoxify.
- Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st-Century Stress Syndrome by James L. Wilson and Jonathan V. Wright
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- The Self-Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner
- The Body Ecology Diet, by Donna Gates
Chris, Please keep me posted on your friends progress. I will be forwarding this email to my registered dietitian so that she will have the information, so that she can help with any questions if I am unavailable when needed.
I wish your friend Karlee all the best!
Dr. Lindsey Duncan
Dr. Lindsey Duncan, C.N., N.D.
President/CEO Genesis PURE, Inc.
my mission was to help other addicts with all natural products and also people that were sick and wan